Hi Everyone,
We are finally starting a blog in hopes of being able to post more pictures for you to see! We are now at home in Brisbane and of course, settling in always brings a few surprises along the way. Today is Wednesday (Aug. 6th) and I (Tessa) am sitting in our community house/my living room waiting for the chance to do some laundry and about to eat lunch. Isi is looking for some scrap wood to fix the stairway outside our house that is needing some repairs. I had my first pre-natal appointment today since arriving in Aus and was happy to hear that everything is going very well :)
Life here is very different from what I initially expected. Before we left Canada, we heard that some of the base buildings had been condemned and were going to be demolished. I didn't expect how many buildings would be in that category. There are about 20 staff members here and the facilities left are straining a bit to accomodate all of us. It's a big change from the spacious hall and dining room that used to be functional.
Here are some pictures of where we are living and of what the base looks like.
No comments:
Post a Comment