Today will be our last day at the base in Brisbane. It's a bit sad to be leaving just as we are starting to really get settled in; however, we are both very excited to be coming home! This morning the ladies on base are having our small groups meeting at the Ikea restaurant down the road for their $2 breakfast as a sort of farewell for me. Isi on the other hand has been asked to speak briefly to the DTS students on Inductive Bible Study this morning for part of their lecture. I guess that is his farewell :) I'm sure he will do a great job as usual.
There is a lot happening here at the base this week and I'm a bit sad that we are missing it just as things are starting to really pick up around here. The DTS group is here for the week and so there are a lot of people around, which is nice. Isi and I did a brief orientation for the new students on Monday. We are both looking forward to working with a DTS group in February when we return to Australia.
The weather has definately decided to be summer already and today is another hot, hot day even though it's not even 9 am. I hear that the weather in Manitoba is still quite nice also so I'm looking forward to that.
Tonight we will be moving all our stuff to Sikeli's house (Isi's cousin) and picking up our rental car tomorrow morning. We will probably leave for Sydney the next day and may even break up the 10 hour drive into 2 separate days to make the trip a bit easier. We will stay at the Island Breeze base in Sydney until Sunday morning when we fly home. Even though we leave on Sunday the 28th and the flight is aproximately 20 hours, because of the time zones we will arrive home on the same day at 4 pm. Strange eh? I guess we are pretty used to it already and just refer to it as 'the day that never ends.'
Please pray for us that our travels will go well and we will be safe and as comfortable as possible. Please also pray that our adjustment back to life at home will go smoothly and that we will recouperate quickly.
Thanks so much! We look forward to seeing everyone soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment