Although it's only spring in Brisbane right now, the weather is acting a lot more like summer. The high for today is 28 degrees but we must have passed that already. This entire last week has been hot and it looks like it's staying that way.
We asked the boys to bring out an old canoe that was lying around to make us a small wadding pool to beat the heat. Hopefully that will work out for today :)
This is our last full week at the base and next week (probably Tuesday or Wednesday) we will start heading down to Sydney in our rental car to make our flights on the 28th. Even though we have started settling in nicely here, I am still very excited to be coming home. It will be nice to feel a bit more prepared before the arrival of our baby in November.
This weekend we went to the Gold Coast for the first time since being back in Australia. It is still as beautiful as I remembered it. There was a strong cool breeze that prevented us from swimming but walking along the beach was great. We also celebrated our cousin Masina's birthday on Sunday. Isi baked another cheesecake and it was probably the best one he has ever done!
Yesterday we presented our ideas for an orientation package (for dancers and band members) to the production manager. We also had worked on a package to hand out to schools, churches, and other people who may want to hire the production team for a function. The rest of this week looks as though it will be fairly quiet for us. Considering the heat and what is all coming up for us, I'm quite happy about that.
Isi and I are both doing very well. He is enjoying rugby training that happens here almost every evening, and I am enjoying watching our little bub grow bigger everyday.
Well, that's it for us on this end! I hope you're having a great day :)
God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment